This person provides leadership in the planning and executing of music in parish liturgies and the coordinating of ministry to young parishioners.
1) Directs the parish music program, including the planning of the music for liturgical seasons, some wedding celebrations, some funerals and works with the PRE Directors for planning and executing of music for First Communions, Confirmations and other liturgical celebrations.
2) Prepares and manages worship budget in cooperation with the pastor.
3) Directs the parish music program and selects and plans music as needed for liturgical celebrations.
4) Works with the various parish choirs.
5) Provides leadership for the training of cantors and other musicians.
6) Schedules musicians for various liturgical celebrations.
7) Schedules liturgical ministers for Sunday Masses and Holy Days
8) Will play the keyboard for all Masses two weekends per month.
9) Acts as consultant to parishioners in planning of sacramental liturgies i.e. weddings, funerals.
10) Works to foster unity among all musicians and to create a spirit of harmony with parishioners.
11) Organizes a weekly program for pre-school children.
12) Organizes volunteers for Children’s Liturgy during weekend Masses.
13) Organizes summer Vacation Bible School
14) Organizes another summer activity for pre-school/grade school parishioners.
15) Works with Women’s Group for the organizing of the Fall Festival, especially involvement of youth.
16) Ensures that all volunteers have completed the Safe Environment Training offered by the diocese.